One common mistake made by insomnia sufferers involves their approach to waking up in the morning. If it takes you several hours to fall asleep, once you get to sleep you want to get all you can! Who wouldn’t? The real problem begins when our alarm goes off. [Read more…]
• Are you stressed by the idea that you can “never keep up” with all that is going on?
• Do you say yes to experiences that you do not enjoy, simply to avoid missing out on them?
• Do you feel that you are constantly “waiting for something better to come along”?
• Do you spend a lot of time regretting past decisions and imagining how things could have been better?
• Do you need to constantly check social media for updates, even while engaging in other enjoyable activities?
• Do you often attempt to compare your life to others’ to see if yours “measures up”?
“Uncertainty is an uncomfortable position. But certainty is an absurd one.” – Voltaire
Uncertainty is an unavoidable part of life. Many of us feel distress when faced with uncertainty. This makes sense, given that sometimes things do turn out badly, or not as we would like. Nevertheless, the “not knowing” [Read more…]
Most people have trouble sleeping from time to time. However, for some people, difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep can become the norm. This phenomenon is called insomnia and leads to daily distress and disruption. Insomnia can include trouble falling asleep, trouble staying asleep, or not [Read more…]
Traveling by airplane has become increasingly accessible and safe with improvements in technology and other innovations. Despite all the technological advancements, there are still many people — one in three Americans — who have a fear of flying. Even celebrities and athletes admit to flying woes. This phobia, also known as pteromerhanophobia, or aviophobia, may interfere with [Read more…]